Friday, February 01, 2008

Tony McKinney

I heard the late Tony McKinney's No Next Time on last Sunday's Soul Discovery and it reminded that the 2003 CD it came off is still available.

Here is the blurb which CD Baby published on the man to go with his CD Love Me Right:
I Was Born Into Music!!
My mother was a pianist, songwriter and scripted jingles. My father sang and played the saxophone. My first song was written in 1968, as I played piano. From then on and through high school, while singing and winning many talent shows, it led me to believe I would make a career in music.
My greatest inspiration in the music industry has been my oldest brother George H. Jackson Jr. who taught me the majority of what I know about the business. He brought me into the professional scene of music. After George cut numerous demos in the late 70s and early 80s, I began to write songs for the late Johnny Taylor and Little Milton.
In 1985, Willie Mitchell took me into his studio and recorded "Another Lonely Night" and "Girl Don't You Want My Love." They were released on Waylo Records and became a number one single on Memphis radio. This gave me the opportunity to work with Al Green and his band.
In October 2002, I met Mr. Flight, Founder of Topflight Unlimited Sound Studio and TUSS Publishing.Through Mr. Flight, I began to write my own songs. In November 2002, Mr. Flight signed me to a record deal. [Thanks Flight]
Dedications:
To my wife and family for being patient with me!!
Throughout my hard times, I especially would like to thank:
Don Roger (a.k.a.) "Dirty" for all of his moral and financial support; his Belief and encouragement helped me stay in the business.
Special thanks To all of the Old School I have met and worked with, a few of them being;OLLIE NIGHTINGALE ** OHIO PLAYERS ** TED TAYLOR** EARTH WIND & FIRE ** ARETHA FRANKLIN ** DENISE WILLIAMSZ.Z. HILL ** GLADYS KNIGHT ** JOHNNY TAYLOR ** BOBBY WOMACK **LITTLE MILTON CAMPBELL
Tony McKinney is no longer with us!! But his music Lives On.

No comments:

Post a Comment